Tuesday, March 2, 2010

last day in vegas and back home in the snow !!!














Well, feel like sharing it the last and one the best " food feast " experience in Vegas. Day Started again at Monami Gabi, French Bistro just across the street from Bellagio, quick Cappuccino and Chicken and Spinach Crepe again, it was good , but not as good as my crape the day before with ham and Gruyere cheese . Next quick walk in a mall and wait to 10 am.,just in time, when famous hot dog stand got opened.

Pinks hot dog stand have been very popular and famous in Hollywood for many many years and made it's way to Vegas. When I was a kid, I was overfed with hot dogs and Bologna...In m my 20 tees I could not touch them and smell them...and I did not touch them and had them for more then 10 or 15 years. Then later, once in a while at a picnic or while we were on a road I started slowly consumed them . Up to this day, hot dogs gives me indigestion unless is good quality dog, not supper processed with garbage....because most of the hot dogs is made with meat scraps and garbage pcs....anyways ..that was one the best hot dogs I had in long long time....very good dog and good quality american way oversized topings...did not feel any " fast food " heaviness in my stomach at all...well, it was 10$ dog with saukraut, onion dill pickle relish avocado, tomatoes , bacon and sour cream...good good dog !

For Lunch I was too tired to walk and search anything else , and since my wife have not been yet at Monami Gabi bistro, I wanted her to try one of those crepes for lunch...
Well I knew , that I was not going to get crepes again, but for lunch they had seafood crepe...and I convinced my wife to get one of those...since for dinner we were going to Joel Robuchon...and that hotdog was still sitting in me ... I went just with few appetizers.. Coquille saint Jacques ( scallops gratineed ) and Snails ala Bourginon ( escargot ) both were exelent prepered very traditional way...and my wifes seafood crepe was superb... I have seen seafood crepes on menu...it was some pasty leftover stuffing inside...this was not the case...nice morney sauce and crab inside and two jumbo seared scallops and prawns on top...delicious .
We were stuffed and happy.....quick hot stone massage at Belagio , just prepered us for our oncein a life time dinner at three michelin star french cooking legends restaurant at MGM Joel Robuchon .

There are only 26 three michelin star restaurants in a whole world. And I believe only 3- or 4 in U.S. In a beginning when we just walk in, I felt a little uncomfortable, we felt that we dont belong here..very friendly over the top french service..every wait staff member was french. Old fashion French decor...over the top...but it took us just couple of minutes until my wife said , that she really likes it here. Menu, we had only couple of option to choose from, 3 corse tasting , 5 corse, 7 corse or ......16 , yhes 16 ! since sixteen was out of our price rande and just sounded like too much food after eating all day and everuday... we went with 5 corse ...witch with all the extras turned out ..like 8th.
First, it impossible to describe even if I say exelent and superb taste and experience of all these dishes...because even bread and butter at Joel Robushon is not anything what you can imagine..so i just describe very briefly what we had ..
Custom made caviar tin with Joel Robuchon name on top ...osetra caviar on top , and very sweet fresh crab meat bind with natural seafood jello in the inside..
My wife had king crab and avocado with curry vinaigrette and I went with clams and buckweet tuile...superb...
Then, we both had chestnut puree soup, with smoked Lardo foam and lots of fois gras chunks ..over the top...Main corse...my wife- sweet spiny lobster ...and I had veal cheeks , braised with thai spices and couscous..how in hell he does it ??? tender melt in your mouth ..sweet...I asked if that was cooked sous vide...he said no...old fashion way braised for 24 hours...which I don't believe...I bet that was cooked in a CVAP vapor oven for 24 hours...not in a french pot !!!
And what was outstanding...that they did lots of table side preparation...like constantly rolling the bread card and deicripe over the top minutere bread, the once belong in a museum...and keep shaving counels of the big butter block from Normandy ( that were one the best butters coming from )...
Dessert... Im not a dessert person...but it still was very well done...my wife had some passion fruit jello concoction with frozen ice ( probably with nitrogen )....and I went with warm chocolate cake and coffee ice cream and little choc cup on top filled with some white chocolate liqueur ...
then we thought that we are done...but no wait...another card is rolling by the table....table side soft serve ice cream preparation with sugar tuile ..vanilla , caramel and raspberry sorbet,that is not it ...here comes another card and ....theese 35-45 different chocolate candies ...or French BON BONS...are arriving ... we just could not decide ...so we just asked our waiter to pick some for us...one the most memorable was white chocolate limoncello truffles..and..befor we get a check ...tats not it...Little Joel Robuchon Bag with a book....and citrus Marshmallows in box to take home...everything was over to top ..so even when you get that sweet bill...you dont feel any bad feelings ...just satisfaction ...and "it was worth it " ... actually ..I would rather have dinner like this 3 times a year...versus going every time to just ok or bad restaurants and spending money... My wife told me that maybe Im good chef ...but I will never be Joel Robuchon...well ...Agreed ..Joel Robuchon is a french cooking god and legent and hes only one in the world has the most out of all other chefs michelin star restaurants... Now I know...that some time in near future I would love to try to go time to Thomas Kellers French Laundry ...another countries best there michelin star restaurant in Nappa Valley .
Time to go back in the kitchen and cook ....Peace !
V


No comments: