Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day Three













I was on my way to Mandalay Bay...and accidentally founf this classic french Bistro called Monami Gabi, serving classic french food, so I decided to get a bite to eat for breafest there. Inside very classic french decor and atmosphere , i ordered crepe with Gruere cheese and ham and brioche toast with butter and jam. Perfect. Buckwheat crepe was one of the best I ever had...and I had and made many crepes in my life...

Next Im on my way to Hubart Kellers Burger Bar to Mandalay Bay. Decor and atmosphere inside little too fast foodish and it was something missing ...and he sells surf and turf burger and his famous 60$ burger with froigois and truffles... French butter was still sitting in me...so went leaner which is no good when it comes ti burger , but it was good choice ...Buffalo burger ...it was very very good... little messy presentation for Hubart Keller I must say !
I past Aureole, too bad they were not serving Lunch....I would love to have a something there...sinse I have history with Aureole in a past in New York city..where I did my cullinary intership...
While shopping in Caesars palace we spotted spago, my wife was hungry so we dicided to tru Spagos famous Pizza...It was well done , but nothing special...CPKA has exactly the same ...

Palazzo ..restaurant row where Mario Battalis and Joe Bastianich place was ...normally we dont eat at italian restaurants too offen...but if if you want italian ..this is the place to eat...Very nice decor and atmosphere inside...menu has all his famous stuff from Babboo cook book...lamb brain ravioli, tripe alla parmiagiana etc.. sinse my wife was with me and she siad that she was not in a mood for tripe or lambs brains ...we decided to split pasta with rock shrimp and fried cuttlefish and calamari...pasta was good as it can get ...calamari little too salty....great wine selection ... the best part was theur brad stick the ones they welcomes you by the table ...

Next I could not resst on the way back ti the hotel stop again at Thomas Keller Bouchon...and yeas we did...Glass of wine...pate de Champaign...french onion soup, Brandade ( satl cod and potato ) fritters...was the perfect way to finish all days feast... I cant even tell you how much I like Bouchon..and French food made the right way... it was very hard though not to get his pom frittes again...but it was just no room in our stomach..tired ..its a bed time...tomorrow we have reservation at french Legends Resturant Joel Robuchon...we were lucky to get reservation there...it will be interesting !
Peace !Love to cook and eat
V

No comments: