Monday, February 22, 2010

Day one !




Pizza at Wolfgang Pucks Brasserie and Jean Georges Vongerichten " Prime".. in Bellagio ! I was not planing to visit W pucks places...but since we accidently were passing his newest creations WP Bistro and Brasserie , we decided to try his famous Pizza. And I hope everyone whos knows me , know how I feel about Pizza...It was not his any famouse Spago Style Pizza out of wood burning oven...but it was very well done !!! Cracker style Pizza that everyone loves...lite...crispy ...perfect balance ...Black Truffle cream , wild mushrooms, cheese...place was empty and new seemed that they had to lots of serves issues to solve ..no napkins...slow ...etc... but worth to try...glass of red wine and pizza and we were ready to go for a next dining adventure...
One of my favorite chefs...Jean Georges Vongerichten ...I have all of his books... has restaurant in Bellagio "Prime ". It's a steak house....I have never been to a steak house....and probably will never go...but Prime was a excellent choice. looking at theur menu was little boring and disappointing, but I new that Jean Georges would not be there where he is right now...So I had a good feeling... Very Classic place, Classic decor...excellent 5 star service and suuuuuuper informing waiter ..with lots of knowledge in food ...even I got some steak aging ideas, the ones will apply some time in my carrier in a future ... Steak Tartar and capriccio to start with taragon Aioli...was good...but not great ! Then waiter was pushing me to geat fillet on a bone, prime dry aged or porterhouse....but fillet is my least favorite steak ...and porterhouse ...has fillet which usualy gets overcooked ion a one side , by the time strip steak gets cooked ...so I went with 14 oz prime 14 days dry aged strip with 3 pepercorns and red onion compote ... and my wife had a Tasmanian lobster...but i was more interested in presentations and sides...condiments more then a steak... My steak was excellent ...I should stay the best I ever had...came with Violet Mustard which i was dying ti try for a years... Bernaise sauce, soy- rice vinegar sauce, miso- mustard, and red peppercorn ...all of them we he very good...side ...gingered sweet potato puree, broccoli, onion rings...even broccoli with fresh shaved parmesan and tempura onion rings were superb..My wife's Tasmanian lobster was very good, but we both agreed that main lobster or canadian is just as good or maybe better..I thing no human being made to eat that much food ...but we did...I did...14 oz of meat...what a experience...later I paid my price ...that hunk of meat was siting in me all night long...I was having very hard time a sleep ...tomorrow ..more food to eat ..Thomas Keller Bouchon ..BLT Burger...Olives and NOBU ...
Love not only to cook ...but to eat too !
Peace V

No comments: