Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day two











Day two began with very long and really cold walk from Bellagio to Palazzo , Venetian Tower were legendary Thomas Kellers Bouchon Bakery and Bistro is located. Quick Cappuccino and choc croissant and P&B Brioche to from the Bouchon Bakery and sure then I was on my way to Bouchon Bistro , on a 10th floor. I have all of Thomas Kellers cookbooks and tried many his recipes , but I had no idea , that that man simple food can transfer to such a extraordinary level as such..simple Quiche was custardy , creamy delich served with fresh green salad with fresh tarragon, and I new I had to try his Pom frittes.....ladies and gentlemen...his Pom Frittes was something..How does he do it ?? What was so special about his fries....You gve got to try it to understand !
On my way back I checked Bobby Flays , Mesa Grill...but back in a days I did not good experience at his new york restaurant was good....but nothing special..many looked little too boring for me..and they didn't have on the menu his famous garlic Tamale , which I was looking to try ....

BLT Burger ( Bistro Laurent Tourondel ) was my next stop...I'm sucker when it comes to a goof burger...Burger is same thing like pizza could be sooooo goood or so bad ...many factors gets involved to build a better buiirger. And sure this country has to offer more bad ones and properly made ones. A beer and a Kobe burger trio was my choice, since they serving Black Angus CAB burgers ( same the ones I replaced with Pat La frieda at Americano) ....They were ok ...one with blue cheese ...2nd with smoked bacon...3rdwith caramelized onions.. Disappointment was that I order them medium and they came well done.. Don't worry Cleveland , Michael Symons B spot is way better... My Americano burger is way better ...Next day I will going to Hubart Kellers Burger Bar , so Im looking very forward to that...

Todd Englich Olives is here at Bellagio, and I really wanted to try his Signature flat bread with figs prosciuto and blue cheese. what disappointment that dish was...salty overpower blue cheese even more salty prosciuto with super sweet figs...way too many of them out the balance..and one burned corner...overworked tough dough.... was waste of 17 $ and space in my stomach...

Dinner one of the best sushi joints in whole world ..NOBU . Chef Nobu Matsuhitsa. In a past couple of years maybe my palet got changed or maybe all sushi joines in Cleveland went down....one decent place left is Pacific east in Coventry..( chef use to work at Nobu ) when I want sushi I use Nobu books technique and recepies for my sushi rice and try yo hunt the best fish for sushi to make it at home. Dinner at Nobu.. will leave memories in me till the rest of my life. we choise to do tasting and had I dont even remember 7-9 corses ...and we let them pick what to bring us .. ...every single bite was excellent and better then the other one.. if you have not had a sushi at Nobu ...you probably dont know how sushi and sashimi should taste. That all I can say...everyting was melting in a mouth..with simple dressed flavors ..Yellow tale sahimi, Tasmanian Trout, scallops and black cod lettuce wraps, lobster tacos, scallops tirradito, fillet of beef with uni butter and cabernet soy demi, and nigiri sushi with albacore tuna, bluefin tuna and snapper... and bottle of dry sake to wash it down..Absolutely out this world ...one of my ..no... maybe so far the best dining experience i ever had... Thank you Nobu Matsuhitsa...it is a reason why you are one the best in a word and ..now I know why, Robert de Niro invested money in your restaurants...
Can not wait to eat more..
Love to eat and cook ! Peace !
V

No comments: